FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Do I need to book a consultation?
To book a consultation, please call us for more information at 406.550.0998
May I bring in a picture of a cake I have seen elsewhere?
Absolutely. We cannot duplicate an exact copy of another cake artist’s work but
will incorporate elements from an online or magazine picture that you bring to us, and use it as inspiration to create a custom-designed cake, especially for you.
We do not do any design that involves licensed or copyrighted material.
What if I have food allergies?
When making gluten-friendly cakes & cupcakes all ingredients are separate & the equipment is well-cleaned but we are not a certified gluten-free or peanut-free establishment. We are licensed to make gluten-friendly cakes & cupcakes. Our cakes and cupcakes are made using the same equipment that comes into contact with wheat, peanuts, and other possible allergens PLEASE keep in mind that artcakeMT is not a nut-free, wheat-free, or allergen-free environment.
Do you provide fresh flowers or does my florist?
We recommend that you order extra flowers from your florist to exactly match the flowers you have already ordered. You will need to bring us the flowers the day before your wedding/event or arrange for us to pick up the flowers. We may charge a nominal arranging fee to arrange fresh or silk flowers on your cake.
Who puts the flowers on my cake?
If you are using a florist for the flowers on your cake, you may ask them what they prefer to do, or if their schedule will allow them to arrange the flowers on the cake. We will put a florist’s pre-arranged flowers on your cake at no charge. However, if loose flowers are ordered through your florist, you need to communicate very clearly to the florist and to artcakeMT which party is responsible for arranging your loose flowers. Arranging fees must be discussed and paid for prior to delivery. We will charge a nominal arranging fee. You will need to bring the flowers to us the day before the wedding/event date or arrange for us to pick up the flowers.
Delivery & Pick-up Information:
Do You Deliver?
Yes, for an additional charge.
Is there a Delivery Charge?
Yes. The delivery charge covers our time, fuel costs and set-up. Some cakes requiring elaborate set-ups may be subject to an increased set-up and delivery charge. Prices range from $35.00 for local deliveries & up to $150.00 or more for distant deliveries.
If I choose to pick up my cake how do I transfer it?
How to Transport Your Cake
1. Please ensure that a flat space is available in the vehicle. SUVs, mini-vans, or vehicles with fold-down back seats are ideal. Trunks that are cleared out ahead of time are also great spaces. Placing the cake on a seat or in someone’s lap is not recommended.
2. Place a non-slip mat under the box to prevent your cake from sliding. A piece of non-slip material may be provided, if necessary.
3. Check any items around the cake to ensure that they are secure and will not fall on or slide into the cake (potentially causing damage).
4. Keep the air conditioning on to maintain a cool environment for the cake. Do not leave a cake sitting in the car while it is warm outside.
5. Accelerate, come to stop, and take turns slowly while driving.
6. When lifting and carrying a cake, always support it from the bottom using both hands.
7. If the box for your cake has a separate lid, do not press on it.
8. Please do not have animals in the car. Dogs love our cake, too!